Today Valve has officially announce the launch of its new Valve Index VR headset and controllers priced at £689 without base stations or £919 is you require a full VR rig. The new Valve Index VR headset is compatible with Valve Index Base Stations, HTC Vive Base Stations, and HTC Vive Pro Base Stations and can be used with any Base Stations featuring support for SteamVR Tracking.
Valve will be opening pre-orders ninth next 24 hrs and shipping is expected to take place on June 28th 2019. All three hardware units are available separately the Index VR headset costing £489 the controllers priced at £259 and the base stations £139. Features of the Valve Index VR headset include :
– Superior displays and optics, off-ear audio, and adjustable comfort
– Natural interactions, high-fidelity hand presence, and long-term comfort
– Any room, every movement, all the time
– Steam is always hardware agnostic.
– Any VR title you purchase on Steam is playable on all SteamVR compatible VR headsets.
– Available a la carte or as a complete kit through the Steam Store.
Included in the Valve Index VR box :
– Integrated Headphones
– Headset Cable
– Connection Cable with DisplayPort 1.2 and USB 3.0 Connections
– Headset Power Supply
– Regionalized Headset Power Adapter(s)
– Headset Cradle Adapter (for smaller heads)
– Headset Face Gasket
– 2 Controllers, Left and Right
– 2 USB Controller Charging Cables
– Cleaning Cloth
For more information on pre-ordering options jump over to the official Valve Steam website by following the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.