At Gamescom 2017 this week HP has unveiled a new gaming laptop in the form of the Omen X which has been specifically designed to provide owners with an easy way to upgrade components when required as well as supporting unlocked CPUs to allow for overclocking thanks to the “engineered thermals” created specifically by HP for the system.
Due to the high specification hardware components you can expect to pay from $2,200 for the upgradable gaming laptop when it becomes available in a few months time during November 2017.
Features and Specifications :
• Mechanical and RGB LED-per key backlit keyboard, including 2.5 mm travel with tactile feel and mechanical switches to provide instant feedback and clear indication when a key is pressed; RGB LED per key for customizable key maps; independent, programmable macro keys; and, N-Key rollover on every key for anti-ghosting functions
• 17-inch diagonal 4K display3 option for ultimate high-resolution gaming, or 120Hz 1080p display options for fast refresh rates and smooth visuals; and all configurations are NVIDIA G-Sync™ enabled for reduced image tearing
• DTS Headphone:X® for simulated surround sound with any headset7 and premium sound featuring HP Dual Speakers with Audio by Bang & Olufsen
• HP Audio Boost to ensure peak performance without overloading the speakers7
• A translucent window to see inside the laptop, along with custom lighting and an aluminum finish for a premium look and feel that can be personalized and customized for the individual gamer
• The OMEN Command Center Software to custom tune and push hardware to its limits, with the ability to manage CPU and RAM overclocking5; move gaming network traffic with a network booster to reduce latency in online games1; and, customize system lighting to streamline gaming controls
• Intel® 7th gen unlocked Intel® Core™ i7 CPU options2, XMP memory options for memory overclocking5 and tested profiles up to DDR4-2800, and factory-overclocked graphics cards up to NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 – ideal for fast-paced or multi-player games running at 4K resolutions3
• RAID0 SSD option for ultra-fast boot and game loading, PCIe SSD+HDD storage options for quick responsiveness and massive storage capacity, or standalone 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD option4
• Thermal management to push high-end hardware beyond factory settings5, including high-performance fans to increase airflow and an integrated vapor chamber with four 3.5 mm heat pipes improve heat transfer from the GPU and CPU to the four rear corner-mounted radiators6
• Single access panel to HDD, SSDs, and RAM, so all end-user replaceable components are easily accessible
• Generous port selection with support for up to four external displays
• Connect to a range of different gaming accessories with: three USB 3.0 Type A, two Thunderbolt™ 3-certified USB 3.1 TypeC™, HDMI 2.0a with HDR support, Mini DisplayPort™, RJ45 and a multi-format media card reader
• Dual audio jack with separate microphone input and headset jacks (input/output) to support the latest gaming headsets or external speakers
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.