Are you looking for the best pdf editor for mac that functions flawlessly on the new MacOS? This guide list some of the top options available in the market.
The awaited MacOS 10.15 Catalina upgrade has been released!
Are you looking for a macOS 10.15 PDF editor that’s compatible with the new system? There are several PDF editors for mac that can be used to add, remove or correct text in a PDF. In addition, these PDF editors are instrumental in censoring, addition of signatures, adding remarks, rotation of pages, reducing the size of the document, combining various documents into a single document, conversion of PDF to Word documents and many more.
Below are 10 of the best PDF editors for macOS 10.15.
Best 10 PDF Editor for Mac
PDFelement for Mac
PDFelement for Mac offers one of the best solutions for changing, annotating, modification, conversion of PDF documents, signing files or documents digitally and among other functions. It has an excellent interface and a striking up-to-date design.
- Has very interactive and friendly interface that’s easy to navigate. Users can also share their documents hassle free.
- Excellent inbuilt features for adding watermarks, editing scanned documents, adding stamps & signatures, draw objects and many more.
- Can merge, extract and organize PDFs flawlessly.
- Ability to add comments, links and bookmarks effectively
- Has inbuilt template library that are highly customizable.
- Ability to secure/protect your documents using permissions or password.
- Users can create fillable forms on scanned copies as well edit texts effectively
- Excellent conversion speeds.
- Trial version available
- There is not much in terms of disadvantages.
This top PDF editor for Mac offers pocket-friendly subscription plans with up to 43% off discount. There are 3 types of subscription plans tailored to fit users’ financial needs. Also, there’s free version for first time users.
- PDFelement Standard $39.99
- PDFelement Pro – $49.99
- PDFelement Standard $59.99
- PDFelement Pro – $79.99
- PDFelement Standard $69.99
- PDFelement Pro – $109.99
Education institutions and students get up to 50% incentives. This group of users enjoy affordable payment options.
This Mac PDF editor has been given extraordinary reviews by most of its users. It offers one of the quickest solutions to reading, highlighting, marking up and has one of the finest systems. PDF Expert brings a new edge to the way you operate your iPad and Mac.
- One of the fastest ways to download your documents.
- Easy transfer of documents.
- Fill in details on any document with its quick features.
- Signing forms is easier.
- You can extract pages and send them for assessments.
- It doesn’t have OCR technology.
- Lacks up-to-date annotation features.
Price: It goes for $179. Students and professors get incentives or special offers.
Adobe Acrobat DC Mac
Its quality makes it one of the leading trademarks in the PDF market. The product has various tools to go about numerous functions. You can further tailor a function and use it.
- One of the most powerful PDF editors.
- It has tools to perform almost any function on a document.
- You can create PDF documents.
- Easy to transfer to other formats.
- You can extract art and other forms of text.
- Facilitates direct transfer of documents from other Adobe.
- Navigation is difficult for new users.
- The subscription model may be a disadvantage to some users.
Price: It offers free trial. Subscriptions plans are Individual (Pro DC – $14.99 monthly and Standard DC – $12.99 monthly) and Business (DC for teams and DC for enterprise)
Foxit PhantomPDF Mac
Foxit PhantomPDF is new to the Mac world but it has serviced Windows users with PDF solutions for quite long. It is excellent in making notes, reducing size, converting, OCR, signing documents or filling in forms.
- Option to secure documents with passwords
- Free test through their trial option.
- It is well-made making it easy to use.
- Modern OCR technology.
- Available in multiple languages.
- Available tutorials available to guide learners on how to navigate.
- Complex documents may not be easy to handle with their OCR technology.
- You don’t get access to premium tools with their free trial.
Price: $129. Offers free trial.
This macos 10.15 pdf editor has almost all the tools to perform various manipulations on a document. You also have an option to censor private information. It also makes it easier to convert to other word formats and make audio comments to act as a future reminder.
- Powerful but user-friendly interface.
- It has almost all the tools for manipulating text in a document.
- Excellent for filling out and putting signatures on forms.
- Redaction features.
- Edited text may take another font at times.
- Reports of crashing in some instances.
- Some common languages like Chinese are unavailable.
Preview is a free pdf editor for mac that is incorporated in all Macs. You can carry out actions such as adding comments, organizing your pages, PDF protection, combining, compressing and converting PDFs.
- Ability to secure private information.
- A variety of tools to perform basic actions.
- Compatible with various image file set-ups.
- You can put signatures or fill in forms.
- Ability to combine files for faster tracking.
- Its features are limited in terms of the number of actions you can do on a document.
- You cannot use it for OCR and batch process.
- You also cannot edit existing information in a PDF.
Fine Reader Pro for Mac
ABBYY is a leading company in the OCR field and this is one of their top products. One of its chief features is the preciseness with which it converts scanned files. It is a great tool to have if you deal with scanned documents a lot. These documents are then converted into editable formats like docx, pptx, xlsx et cetera.
- One of the most effective OCR technologies.
- Precise page set-up recognition.
- Numerous exportation options for files and ePub layouts.
- Does not have an in-built proofreader.
This reader is effective on Mac and it comes for free. Adobe Reader DC is great for viewing, adding commentaries and adding signatures of PDFs. It can also be used to merge documents, create new PDFs, organize pages and many more.
- Password protect all your PDFs
- Comes at no cost.
- Combine or merge PDFs easily
- Less customisable features
Master PDF Editor for Mac
Master PDF Editor is excellent in carrying out basic actions on simple documents. Functions such as rotating, editing and adding comments to your PDF can be done easily.
- Great in editing texts and pictures.
- Easy to convert files to other setups like Excel or Word.
- Also works with other software.
- Not all tools are available on the free trial.
- Can be difficult to use for newbies.
This is an exceptional PDF editor with a number of features for various editing needs. You can organize, compile or split PDF pages in a file. Other actions like cropping, rotating or scaling images or text can also be carried out.
- Both images and texts can be edited.
- Available OCR tools.
- Use it to make notes on a document.
- Not all features are there in their free trial.
Best Free PDF Editor for macOS 10.15 – PDFelement
The leading PDF editor for Mac (including macOS 10.15 Catalina) is PDFelement for Mac. Documents are quite difficult to edit when they have been converted to the PDF format. Why go through all work of downloading, printing then signing a document when there is an easier solution? PDF element for mac does that and more.
This intuitive, feature-packed software is the one-stop place for your editing problems. You can highlight, perform OCR actions, correct, draw, and export to other word set-ups with ease. There is also an option of censoring or using password protected PDFs.
Disclosure: “This is a sponsored post. Geeky Gadgets has been compensated for this post.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.