You may remember the tiny Linux PC we featured on the site previously, the Fit PC, well it looks like the Fit PC has gone on a diet and there is a new version out, the Fit PC Slim.
The Fit-PC Slim measures 4.3 x 3.9 x 1.2 inches and weighs in at just 13 ounces, as well as being incredibly small it uses only 6 watts of power making it very energy efficient.
The Fit PC Slim is powered by an AMD Geode LX800 500MHz processor, has 512MB of RAM and the option to add a 2.5 inch HDD.
There is also built in Wi-Fi and Ethernet, as well as 3 USB ports.
Here’s the full specs.
- Processor — 500MHz AMD Geode LX800
- Memory — 256MB or 512MB of soldered-on RAM
- Display — VGA output
- Storage — Accepts 2.5-inch hard drive internally; factory offers pre-installed 60GB version
- LAN — 10/100 Ethernet with RJ45 connector
- WLAN — 802.11b/g (optional)
- Other I/O:
- 3 x USB 2.0 (2 front-panel, 1 rear)
- 1 x serial (with proprietary connector)
- Operating temperature — 0 to 45 deg. C
- Dimensions — 4.3 x 3.9 x 1.2 inches (110 x 100 x 30mm)
- Weight — 13 ounces (380g)
Prices start at around $220 for the bare bones unit.
Linux Devices via Coolest Gadgets
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.