SB Components based in the United Kingdom has created a new programmable block system designed specifically for the micro:bit mini PC. Stem:Bit Has been designed to provide a an easy to assemble programming platform suitable for children aged eight and above to learn more about coding, robotics and programming. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the programmable blocks which can be used to make a variety of different projects.
Kits are available from £89 for early bird backers and worldwide delivery is expected to take place in a few months time during October 2019. The development team behind the new programmable blocks explain more about their inspiration and design.
“We wanted to design and develop something that can help any one (technical or non-technical) explore their vision of creating something cool while on the play! And this was made even better by introducing the popular micro-controller BBC micro:bit board. As the name suggests, it is compiled using 2 different yet the widely used terms, “Stem” from the STEM Education society and “Bit” from the micro:bit community. ”
“The micro:bit was the most recent project by the BBC in an effort to bring computer science education and STEM topics to every student worldwide. It is now so popular that every maker community has it and there are numerous projects and campaigns designed and developed for the micro:bit exclusively. The micro:bit can be used for all sorts of unique creations, from robots to musical instruments and more. And this time, it could be more fun because we have integrated the “fun and learn” concept.”
Specifications of the Stem Board include :
– 2 High-Power RGB colorful searchlights
– 3 SMD RGB programming lights
– Drive three 5V servos, easy to play with robots
– Drive two 3V DC motors, easily experiment with small fans/smart cars
– Buzzer can be programmed to play various songs and music
– Powered by 500mAh high-capacity lithium battery
– Charging via a USB cable
– Multiple protection circuits: over-discharge protection, over-charge protection, and reverse-connection protection
– Expansion board integrates an infrared ranging pair tube, a high-precision tracking probe, and an ultrasonic module interface
– Transform the entire expansion board into a smart car chassis for a micro:bit smart car
– Three kinds of communication interfaces: IIC, SPI, serial communication, easy to expand PS2 controller, Bluetooth module and other external devices.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.