Following on from the discontinuation of the Valve Steam Link hardware, this week Valve has announced the Steam Controller has also been discontinued and is now priced accordingly at its lowest price ever just $5 or £4, to help Valve clear out the last of its stock.
“Experience a new level of precise control for your favorite games. The Steam Controller lets you play your entire collection of Steam games on your TV—even the ones designed without controller support in mind. The Steam Controller features dual trackpads, HD haptic feedback, dual-stage triggers, back grip buttons, and fully-customizable control schemes. Find your favorite mappings in the Steam Community, or create and share your own.”
Specifications and features of the Steam Controller include :
– Dual trackpads
– HD haptics
– Analog stick
– Dual-stage triggers, each with 10° of travel, a magnetic flux sensor, and a tactile switch
– Gyroscope and accelerometer sensors enabling tilt-to-steer racing wheel functionality and other motion-controlled input
– Configurable controls
– Local multiplayer capability, as supported by games
– Wired or wireless (dual mode)
– USB 2.0 via Micro USB port (cable included)
– Estimated 5 meters of wireless communications range. Actual results may vary.
– Provides up to 80 hours of standard game play using the included AA batteries during preliminary testing. Battery life will vary based on usage and other factors, such as type of batteries used.
Source : Valve
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.