Last year the Skully smart motorcycle helmet raised over $2.4 million via a successful Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign, which enticed 1,939 backers to invest their cash in helping the “world’s smartest motorcycle helmet” become a reality.
Now according to an recent SEC filing the Skully Smart Motorcycle Helmet company has raised another $1.5 million towards the development and manufacturing costs of the smart helmet.
The new documentation has revealed that the financing was supplied in the form of convertible securities, and has been added to existing cash that Skully had previously raised through its crowdfunding campaign and fundraising. Allowing it to very comfortably blast past its required $250,000 pledged goal that it required to go into manufacture.
To learn more about the Skully smart motorcycle helmet watch the embedded video or jump over to the companies official website via the link below.
Skully smart motorcycle helmet specifications include :
– Lightweight, aerodynamic polycarbonate shell
– Ultra wide angle rearview camera
– DOT/ECE safety certification
– SKULLY anti-fog, anti-scratch, anti-glare E-Tint(R) visor
– SKULLY Synapse(TM) Vision Enhancement – shows true-to-life imaging of rearview panorama
– Audio/Visual GPS Navigation
– SKULLY Synapse(TM) Smart Heads up Display System with infinite focus
– SKULLY quick release chin strap and visor
– 3D laser-cut foam for a perfect fit
– Outlast(R) lining – reduces perspiration by 70%
– Bluetooth connectivity to smartphone
– Internet connectivity via smartphone
– Over-the-air updates – download new features as they are released
– Open SDK – develop your own apps for SKULLY Synapse(TM)