A new version of the popular Scrivener application has this week been launched on the MacOS in the form of the latest major update to the application Scrivener 3. If you purchased Scrivener 2 on or after 20th August 2017, you can update to Scrivener 3 for free. Existing customers can upgrade to Scrivener 3 for just $25 and if you are a new user the Scrivener 3 app is available for $45, bringing new features and improvements, simplifying what was already there. At the current time no updates have been ruled out for the iOS application but will keep you up-to-date as soon as anything is announced.
New features, enhancements and tweaks to the Scrivener application include:
– The interface has been overhauled and modernised.
– Compile has been redesigned and is now not only much easier to use but also more flexible.
– The text system now has a full styles system (which is even more powerful when used with the new Compile).
– View index cards on coloured threads based on label colour (great for tracking different storylines or anything else).
– Epub 3 and improved Kindle export have been added.
– Keep track of how much you write each day using Writing Statistics.
– Improved Custom Metadata allows you to add checkboxes, dates and list boxes to the Inspector and outliner.
– Enhanced outlining.
– Corkboard and outliner filtering.
– Refer to up to four documents in the main window using the new “Copyholders” features.
– Quickly find any document in your project using the new Quick Search tool.
– See draft and session progress bars in the toolbar.
– The powerful new Bookmarks feature replaces Project Notes, References and Favorites, and allows you to view oft-needed documents right in the Inspector.
– Use “Dialogue Focus” to pick out all the dialogue in your text.
– Export rich text to MultiMarkdown or Pandoc.
– Broadened support for technical formats via Markdown output and custom post-processing.
– Extensive Touch Bar support added.
– Modernised and rewritten codebase for 64-bit. Scrivener is faster, more stable and ready for the future.
For more details and to purchase Scrivener 3 visit the official Apple macOS App Store.
Source: L&LFiled Under: Top News