If you or your children are looking to learn more about robotics and coding, a new learning system called Robo Wunderkind has been created to provide a modular robotic construction kit for kids of all ages.
Robo Wunderkind takes the form of modular cube components that can be combined to create a variety of different devices, applications and projects. Teaching users how to code and build robots in an exciting and intuitive way using a companion tablet application.
Watch the video below to learn more about this unique robotic building kit which has taken to Kickstarter to raise $70,000 over the next 35 days. Its developers explain a little more :
Robo Wunderkind is a robotics kit that allows you to build your own robot, have fun, and pick up basic coding skills along the way. Just. like. that. Robo Wunderkind is essentially a set of blocks which you can use to build all kinds of functional robots. Got LEGO at home? Then you already have everything you need to customize your Robo Wunderkind to your child’s interests . Connecting these bricks is as simple as putting Lego bricks together — there is no wire or magnet.
Robot projects that can be created include the ability to :
• drive around while avoiding obstacles
• play a recorded sound when somebody enters the room
• react to claps and other noises
• play music when somebody picks it up
• record and play voice messages
• hide from or follow sources of light
• solve mazes
• surprise parents with a weather forecast
• set off on a treasure hunt using its digital camera
• blink when the lights are turned off…and much, much more!
Jump over to Kickstarter to learn more about the modular robot kist that are available to pledge for from just $79 which offers a starter kit to get you up and running.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Concepts & Design, DIY Projects, Top News, Toys