A new gadget has been created for creators in the form of the RGB CRITTER, a colour changing flashlight that also features sound and movement reactive sensors. Specifically designed as a lighting tool for performance artists, high-tech fashion designers, and light painters, the RGB CRITTER has this week launched via Kickstarter and is now available to back with earlybird pledges available from $74 or roughly £61.
Check out the demonstration video below to learn more about the RGB Critter and its colour changing features. The flashlight is also equipped with a threaded lens allowing for a number of twist on accessories to be added if required. “Packed with exclusive and spectacular features and functions, the RGB Critter opens the door to a new world of possibility. This new creative device has a very fresh look and feel. We want you to let your creativity run wild! “
Programmable features of the RGB flashlight include :
– The RGB Critter comes with 8 pre-set color modes (solid colors, fades, strobes, and combinations).
– Each pre-set color mode can be customized with up to 24 unique colors.
– You can choose from a palette of 33 unique color options (including black).
– Once you have your colors chosen, you can select your speed (1%-100%).
– When your speed is locked-in, the mode is saved and will remain until you delete it or execute a factory reset.
– If you really like the customized mode, you can also send it to your list of 20 favorite customized modes.
– There are 52 memory slots available for your customized modes.
“First of it’s kind, the RGB Critter features a sound reactivity system that allows you to adjust the sensitivity to match the sound intensity of your environment. Choose from 10 sensitivity levels. The following features (Sound Reactivity, Movement Reactivity, and Brightness Control), can be turned on at any point the RGB Critter is awake. These features can also be used at the same time. For example, you can adjust the brightness, then turn on sound reactivity, and then turn on movement reactivity (or in any other order)”