After being unveiled earlier this year more details have been released this week on the new Red x Facebook manifold camera created thanks to a collaboration between Facebook and RED Digital Cinema. The 360 video camera created to be the world’s first end-to-end solution for 3D and 360 video capture. The new camera is the first studio-ready system for immersive 6DoF storytelling aimed at connecting “creative professionals with audiences in a bold new way”.
Features and specifications of the Red x Facebook manifold camera include :
– 16 RED(R) Helium 8K(R) Sensors arranged to allow full 360 6DoF capture
– Record raw from 16 cameras running 8k @60 fps simultaneously
– Custom Schneider 8mm, F4.0, 180 degree fish eye lenses
– Single SMPTE 304M cable for power, control and data
– Camera Control Unit and storage device may be up to 100 meters from Camera Head
– 5, 12g SDI outputs for monitoring or third party stitch processing
– Multiple third party storage device choices providing 1 hour or more record time
– Front of lens ND filters available
– Quick release handles for manoeuvring and setup
– Web app based control interface for flexibility of user interface device choice
– SDK provided for post processing
For more details jump over to the official Facebook website by following the link below.
Source: FacebookFiled Under: Camera News, Top News