This week hardware manufacturer Razer has launched a new version of its Thunderbolt 3 external graphics enclosure which takes the form of the Razer Core v2 TB3 eGFX Enclosure with Dual TB3 Controllers. The latest addition to the external graphics card range uses the dual Thunderbolt 3 controllers and a USB-C/USB PD controller to route traffic to/from GPU and other components located in the box, by allowing users to support larger graphic adapters than the previous version.
The price of the second-generation external graphics card enclosure will remain the same at $499 and the latest hardware will replace the original Razer Core v1 and looks exactly the same as the predecessor with the same dimensions and design and two zone RGB Chroma lighting. Internally Razer is included the same mounting mechanisms together with 1 x Thunderbolt 3 input, 4 x USB 3.0 Type-A ports and a GbE connector, combined with two TB3 controllers to provide “ensure fluid gameplay”.
Specifications of the Razer Core v2 TB3 eGFX Enclosure include :
– Max Video Card Size – Double-Wide, 12.2″ Long (312 x 145 x 43 mm)
– Max Video Card Power – 375W
– Connectivity – 4x USB 3.0, 1x Gigabit Ethernet, Laptop Charging via Thunderbolt 3
– Chassis Size 4.13 x 13.9 x 8.66 inches or (105 x 353 x 220mm)
– Internal PSU – 500W
– System Requirements – Thunderbolt 3 eGFX Certified PC, Thunderbolt 3 w/Active Cable – Windows 10
– Compatible Graphics Cards – AMD Radeon RX-series and later, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10-series and later
Filed Under: Hardware, Top News
The Razer Core V2 Thunderbolt™ 3 external desktop graphics enclosure enables full transformation of your compatible laptop into a VR-Ready desktop-class gaming or workstation setup.1 The new Razer Core V2 features an all new internal design with improved headroom for larger graphics cards.2 The world’s first dual Thunderbolt 3 design provides dedicated lanes for both graphics and I/O ensuring fluid gameplay. Connect to the future with the most advanced and versatile eGPU solution available.