MakerSpot has designed and created a handy Raspberry Pi Zero docking herb which allows you to add an extra five USB ports, Ethernet connection and audio to the tiny PC if required. The latest design builds on the technology used in the company’s first 4-Port stackable USB Hub HAT for Raspberry Pi Zero with the pogo pin approach back in March 2016. Watch the video below to learn more about their latest piece of hardware which is now available to back via Kickstarter. Features of the Raspberry Pi docking hub include :
– 5 x USB 2.0 data and charging ports
– 5 x electrolytic capacitors to filter electrical noise and stabilize voltage
– an independent protection circuit to limit total current to 2.3A
– an RJ45 Ethernet port with Realtek RTL8152B 10/100M chip
– a 3.5mm audio jack, supporting both recording and playback
– a micro USB port for power input up to 2.3A consumption
– compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero v1.3 (with Camera Connector) and Rasberry Pi W (with Bluetooth and WiFi)
– Qualified design against the latest Raspbian OS
The Pi Zero USB Docking Hub is a stackable USB Hub that comes with 5 x USB 2.0 data and charging ports, a micro USB port for power input, an RJ45 port for Ethernet, and a 3.5mm audio input/output jack. Installation would take only seconds. Just snap your Pi Zero onto the top of the docking hub station, the four pogo pins on the hub station will connect to the signal pads on your Pi. There is no soldering required!
The Raspberry Pi Zero Docking Hub is now available to back via Kickstarter with early bird pledges starting from CA$20 and delivery expected to take place during January 2018. For full specifications and more information jump over to the official Kickstarter campaign page via the link below.
If you enjoy building Pi projects you might be interested in our comprehensive list of Raspberry Pi displays, HATS and small screens.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.