Raspberry Pi enthusiasts looking for a project to keep them busy this weekend may be interested in this awesome mutantC-Handheld that can be powered by a range of different Raspberry Pi mini PC systems including the Raspberry Pi Zero all the way up to the Raspberry Pi 3. Unfortunately the Raspberry Pi 4 is not supported in the build due to its above average running temperature which makes it too hot for this application without an additional fan to bring the CPU temperature down.
“A Raspberry-pi handheld platform with a physical keyboard, Display and Expansion header for add-on baords (Like Ardinuo Shield). Here we will dicusses what you need to build one. This device is very easy to make, you don’t need lots of tools and parts. No codding skill is needed. just basic stuff like uplaod a code to Ardinuo, little skill in Linux CMD line to install the driver. Little soldering skill that’s all.”
Parts required to make themutantC-Handheld include :
– Raspberry-pi – zero, 2, 3. (pi4 is not supported, also it is too hot for this application without a fan).
– LCD – 3.5 inch gpio LCD or 4.0 inch gpio LCD
– Ardinuo for keyboard – SparkFun Pro Micro.
– Push buttons – 6x5x5 mm, 43 peices.
– Printed PCB – Display_PCB or Main_PCB
– 3d parts – 6 (1 optional)
– FPC-connector – 2 pis (1mm pitch- 16 pin) link .
– FPC-cable – 1 pis (1mm pitch- 16 pin) link .
– Screw – 10 mm, 1.8mm width.
For more details on the Raspberry Pi project and how to build your very own jump over to the mutantC-Handheld page on the gitlab.io website.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.