‘sOne of the main issues most Raspberry Pi users encounter when using their mini PC on a daily basis as a way to gracefully turn off their Pi PC without the need to continually remove the power cable. One such awesome Raspberry Pi on off switch HAT takes the form of the Witty Pi 2 which not only includes an on/off Raspberry Pi button but also adds RTC and power management to your Raspberry Pi. Not only that but users can also create complex ON/OFF sequences with a simple script. Features of the Witty Pi 2 Raspberry Pi on off switch HAT include :
– Single tap on the button to gracefully turn on/off Raspberry Pi.
– After shutdown, the power for Raspberry Pi and all its USB peripherals are fully cut.
– Raspberry Pi knows the correct time, even without accessing the Internet.
– You can schedule the startup/shutdown of your Raspberry Pi.
– You can even write a script to define complex ON/OFF sequence.
The Raspberry Pi on off switch HAT is available to purchase priced at around £20 and is a great addition to your Raspberry Pi project and supports all Raspberry Pi models with 40-pin header, including A+, B+, 2B, Zero and 3B. For for more information on using the Witty Pi 2 Raspberry Pi on off switch HAT jump over to the AM vs RP website by following the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.