Makers and enthusiasts interested in creating their very own Raspberry Pi home automation system may be interested in a new project published to the Hackster.io website this week designed to provide controls for all the electrical appliances in your home, such as lighting, appliances and gadgets.
The Raspberry Pi home automation system allows you to control your devices through the local service and the project should take less than 60 minutes to complete and has been categorised as an “easy” skill level. The project uses the hass.io operating system which can be easily loaded onto a nested card using the excellent Etcher application or similar.
Hass.io Transforms your Raspberry Pi (or another device) into the ultimate home automation hub powered by Home Assistant. With Hass.io you can focus on integrating your devices and writing automations without worrying about the underlying platform. Check out the beginner’s guide to HassOS below to learn more about how you can set up a home automation system using the awesome Raspberry Pi mini PC.
Features off the Hass.io operating system include :
– Free and open source
– Optimised for embedded devices like Raspberry Pi
– 100% local home automation
– Easy installation and updates (powered by HassOS and Docker)
– Management web interface integrated into Home Assistant
– Create and restore full backups of your whole configuration with ease
– Install many popular add-ons with a single click! For example Google Assistant, encryption via Let’s Encrypt and dynamic DNS via Duck DNS.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.