After receiving their new Raspberry Pi 4 mini PC which launched last month Reddit user xCP23x has published some fantastic Raspberry Pi 4 x-ray images using a Nikon XT H 225 ST: 225kV 225W X-ray source available from his place of work.
“I work for a company that makes microfocus X-ray/CT systems!” xCP23x explained in their Reddit post. “Most of the images are from a 225kV system (good down to 3 microns). I got my Pi in the post yesterday morning and I was desperately waiting until the end of the workday to get home and play with it! Took a few quick radiographs before I left because I had to.”
The more images jump over to the official Reddit post which links directly to the Imgur. The new Raspberry Pi 4 offers a number of new upgrades and features when compared to the previous Raspberry Pi 3, including a new USB-C power connection, faster processor and a selection of RAM options offering 1, 2 or 4 GB variations with the 4 GB version costing £55.
Specifications of the new mini PC include :
– 1.5GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A72 CPU ( ARM v8, BCM2837)
– 1GB, 2GB or 4GB RAM (LPDDR4)
– On-board wireless LAN – dual-band 802.11 b/g/n/ac
– On-board Bluetooth 5.0, low-energy (BLE)
– 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports
– Gigabit ethernet
– Power-over-Ethernet (requires additional Raspberry Pi PoE HAT)
– 40-pin GPIO header
– 2× micro-HDMI ports (up to 4Kp60 supported)
– H.265 (4Kp60 decode)
– H.264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode)
– OpenGL ES, 3.0 graphics
– DSI display port, CSI camera port
– Combined 3.5mm analog audio and composite video jack
– Micro-SD card slot
– USB-C power
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.