With Dishonored 2 launching tomorrow on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC systems, AMD has today released a new update for its graphics card software releasing Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.11.3 Beta.
As you might expect the new software provides enhancements and support for the new Dishonored 2 game as well as fixing an issue that would terminate both Steam and Origin using AMD X-Connect Technology on unplug.
Although still in its beta development stage a number of known issues still remain within the Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.11.3, most of which are listed below :
– A few game titles may fail to launch, experience performance issues or crash if the third party application “Raptr” has its game overlay enabled. A workaround is to disable the overlay if this is experienced.
– DOTA 2 may experience a crash when launched using the Vulkan™ API on some Graphics Core Next products.
– Battlefield 1 may experience an intermittent application specific error message popup citing graphics device removal
– Flickering may be experience while playing Overwatch™ in the main menu or viewing character models using AMD CrossFire mode.
– H.264 content playback may experience playback issues on internet browsers with hardware acceleration when also running gaming applications or content.
– FIFA 17 may experience an application hang or black screen on launch for some select Hybrid Graphics or AMD PowerXpress mobile configurations.
– H.264 content may experience blocky corruption when streaming using P2P content players on some Radeon RX 400 series graphics products.
AMD explains :
Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD’s revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performances remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.