Following on from Sony’s messy firmware v.1.65 release yesterday, which ended in the new firmware released for their PS Vita gaming console being pulled, after its caused problems for users once installed.Sony have today released a new update version 1.66 firmware update for their PS Vita which they hope will correct the issues.
Experienced before yesterdays roll out and the issues that were caused by version 1.65. Sony has detailed what is now in PS Vita Firmware version 1.66
– The [System Music] setting in Settings > [Sound & Display] now affects BGM in PS Store, near and Sign-Up screens as well as the Home menu.
– When searching for location data, users now have the option to ‘Retry’ and ‘Cancel’ when a failure occurs.
– A progress bar is introduced for application installation.
– A direct link to PlayStation Store is made available for new applications that users may discover on near.
– Users can now update data at any time within near, provided they are within the same location.
– The display time of notification alerts has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
– Functional improvements have been made in the following games and applications: Unit 13, Gravity Daze, near.
Lets hope Sony have now fixed the issues caused by yesterdays firmware and won’t have to quickly remove this firmware patch.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.