In addition to the announcement that a new PineTab Linux tablet will be launching later this year priced at $79 or $99 when combined with a Bluetooth keyboard. Hardware manufacturer Pine64 has also announced the launch of a new Pinebook Pro Linux laptop priced at $199. The new Pinebook Pro Linux laptop will be launching later this year will be equipped with a full HD display, twice the RAM of the original system and offers more storage together with a more powerful processor.
The Pinebook Pro laptop will be available as standard with 64GB of eMMC storage, but members of the Pine64 user forums will get a free upgrade to 128GB. Specifications for the Pinebook Pro Linux laptop take the form of :
– 14 inch, 1920 x 1080 pixel IPS LCD display
– Black magnesium alloy chassis
– Rockchip RK3399 hexa-core processor (ARM Cortex-A72 + Cortex-A53)
– 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM
– 64GB or 128GB of eMMC storage
– SD card slot
– PCIe x4 M.2 slot with support for optional NVMe SSDs
– USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports including a USB-C port with 4K/60Hz video out support
– 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2
– 10,000 mAh battery
– Stereo speakers, audio jack microphone, and 2MP camera
As soon as more details are announced regards availability we will keep you up to speed as always.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.