A new powerful single board computer and Raspberry Pi alternative has been created in the form of the Odroid-N2 which offers seven times the speed of a Raspberry Pi for double the cost. Supporting Android 9 Pie and offering connectivity via USB 3.0 and 4K video the single-board computer is priced under $100 from $63 and equipped with a Amlogic S922X Processor (12nm) Quad-core Cortex-A73(1.8Ghz) and Dual-core Cortex-A53(1.9Ghz).
Supported by ARMv8-A architecture with Neon and Crypto extensions and Mali-G52 GPU with 6 x Execution Engines (846Mhz). The mini PC can also equipped with a choice of either 2 or 4GB of DDR4 RAM with 32-bit bus width. Storage is provided in the form of 1 x eMMC connector offering 8G, 16G, 32G, 64G and 128G together with a handy microSD slot offering DS/HS modes up to UHS-I SDR104.
Connectivity is provided by:
– 1 x GbE LAN ports (RJ45, supports 10/100/1000 Mbps) – Realtek RTL8211F (Ethernet transceiver) – LED indicators (Green: 100mbps, Amber: 1000mbps connection)
– Optional WiFi USB adapters
– 1 x HDMI 2.1 (up to 4K@60Hz with HDR, CEC, EDID)
– 1 x Composite video (3.5mm jack)
– 1 x Stereo Audio line-out (3.5mm jack)
– 1 x HDMI digital output
– 1 x Optional SPDIF optical output
– 4 x USB 3.0 Host ports (shares one single root hub)
– 1 x USB 2.0 OTG port for Host or Device mode. (No power input)
– 1 x Debug serial console (UART)
– 1 x Peripheral Expansion Header (40-pin, 2.54mm pitch) –
– 2 x DC 5V, 2 x DC 3.3V, 1 x DC 1.8V, 8 x GND – 1 x SPI – 1 x UART – 2 x I2C – 25 x GPIO (Max) – 2 x ADC input (10bit, 1.8V Max) – All 3.3V I/O signal level except for ADC input at max 1.8Volt.
The replacement to the original Odroid-N1 is built around a system-on-a-chip (SoC) designed for high-end Android TV appliances, the Amlogic S922X and will be available to purchase price from $63 for 2GB version and $79 for the 4GB during March 2019 and will start shipping in newly April.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.