This week Facebook owned virtual reality company Oculus has rolled out a new update to its Rift platform rolling out version 1.17 which brings a number of new features, tweaks and enhancements for Oculus Rift users to enjoy.
The latest version of the software also adds extra support to the Home Platform which is now capable of launching all apps that support the Rift even if you acquire those apps from outside sources such as Steam.
Oculus lists all the features and bug fixes in the latest update :
Oculus 1.17 Features:
– You can now see detailed release notes for recent app updates, including the Oculus system software, from the Updates screen in Library.
– You can now quickly launch all apps that support Rift from within the Oculus software, even if you acquired those apps from outside the Oculus Store.
– Parties for Rift: In Oculus Home or Universal Menu, select a friend and choose Invite to Party. Friends in your party can chat with you across Rift apps, or wherever you go in VR. Each party can support a total of 4 people at a time.
– Mixed Reality Capture: Further improvements to the calibration tool.
Oculus Bug Fixes :
– Fixed an issue where reconnecting the Rift headset wouldn’t fully restore functionality after being disconnected.
– Fixed an issue with lens slider settings not being respected in some situations.
– Fixed an issue with the floor shifting while you’re in VR.
– Miscellaneous performance improvements, stability enhancement, and bug fixes.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.