Electronics enthusiast and developer Juergen Grau has returned to Kickstarter for 7th time to launch his new Nixie tube audio spectrum analyzer. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about his latest creation which is now available priced from €149 or roughly £134 and is fitted with six unique Nixie tubes to display readings.
“So Mr. Nixie has taken the EM800 Magilyzer and the former Nixielyzer kit, which is sold out, put them in a pot, added a hefty dose of the legendary Mr. Nixie Magic, and finally a new kit, the IN-9 Nixielyzer was created. The IN-9 Nixielyzer now separates this audio signal into six selective bands and show their special audio level within this frequency range:
– 63 Hz = Low Bass (e.g. Bassdrum)
– 150 Hz= Mid Bass (e.g. Bassguitar)
– 330 Hz = Low Mid (near concert pitch of the most musican instruments)
– 1 kHz = Mid of voice frequency (e.g. the “beep” sound for indecent words in interviews)
– 3.3 kHz = Presence (e.g. “sch” in the word Schedule or the imitated sound of a steam locomotive)
– 10 kHz = Heights (e.g. “sssss”)
“And as an absolute unique feature, the IN-9 Nixielyzer displays the level not on “ordinary” LED display or VFD display or on a computer screen or even in an App of your mobile phone but on six IN-9 Nixie Bargraph tubes made as surplus in the end of the 80’s in USSR.”
– PCBs with double sided silk screen.
– All necessary electronic components.
– All necessary mounting hardware.
– Complete enclosure with all necessary covers.
– 15 VDC wall mart power supply with EU mains or 12 VDC with adaptors for EU/US/UK/AU is included.
– On request 6 x IN-9 tubes.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.