NVIDIA Shield TV users that are not thinking of upgrading to the latest Shield TV (2019) and Shield TV Pro but would like to upgrade the remote control may be interested to know that NVIDIA will be making the new controller available to purchase separately.
Features of the new Shield remote include :
– Motion-activated, backlit buttons
– Mic for voice search and control
– Bluetooth connectivity
– IR for TV control
– Built-in lost remote locator
The new Shield TV remote will be compatible with older models And will be officially launching during January 2020 priced at $29. A future firmware update will add support for the remote which is powered by AAA batteries, and is equipped with more physical buttons than previous remote controls for the Shield TV hardware.
– NVIDIA Shield TV (2019) w/ new ‘tube’ design, Dolby Vision starts from $149
– NVIDIA Shield TV Pro w/ Android TV, AI upscaling, Tegra X1+ starts from $199
Jump over to the official NVIDIA website by following the link below for more details on the new hardware and features.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.