Iris V.R has taken to Kickstarter to raise funds to create a massive nonlinear open world virtual reality cyberpunk styled action game called LOW-FI. The emphasis of the VR game is on exploration and character driven stories, explain Iris V.R.
Like a holodeck program, the player is free to explore the city, further narratives, or just hang out in the arcades and back alleys spending their hard earned credits. Its creators explain a little more about what you can expect from this next-generation multiplayer game created especially for virtual reality systems.
“LOW-FI is the street name given to those who cannot merge with The Platform, a ubiquitous virtual reality simulation where most of the population now live their lives. You are a low-fi police officer that has recently been transferred to a particularly crime ridden section of city-block 303. The only inhabitants of note in your jurisdiction are other low-fi, and human intelligence (or below) artificial life forms who have remained among the citizens after the AI singularity.”
Features of the virtual reality game include :
– Massive non-linear open world
– Hundreds of crimes and stories to solve and explore complete with branching narratives and dialogue
– Procedural markets with thousands of purchasable item possibilities
– Interactive Photo-realistic NPCs
– 3D positional Audio
– Augmented Reality within Virtual Reality with multiple overlay programs
– Companion NPCs (biological and synthetic)
– Gun-play (Optional)
– Arcade Mini-games
– Playable on min-spec VR capable PCs
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.