This week TP-Link has unveiled a new affordable mesh WiFi system in the form of the Deco M4 which is capable of covering up to 5,500 ft². For $180 TP-Link is offering a pack of three wireless mesh stations that take the form of cylindrical Wi-Fi hubs which are compatible with both IFTTT and Amazon Alexa. Network speeds are also three times faster than previous generation routers, thanks to 802.11ac wireless technology.
System is setup using the Deco M4 companion application which is available for both Android and iOS devices and enables you to find the best place to put your Deco nodes to get the best coverage throughout your home or small business. “Deco M4 is the simplest way to guarantee a strong Wi-Fi signal in every corner of your home. Wireless connections and optional Ethernet backhaul work together to link Deco units, providing even faster network speeds and truly seamless coverage. Want more coverage? Simply add another Deco.”
Features of the Deco M4 mesh WiFi systen include :
– Deco uses a system of units to achieve seamless whole-home Wi-Fi coverage — eliminate weak signal areas once and for all!
– With advanced Deco Mesh Technology, units work together to form a unified network with a single network name. Devices automatically switch between Decos as you move through your home for the fastest possible speeds.
– A Deco M4 two-pack delivers Wi-Fi to an area of up to 3,800 square feet. And if that’s not enough, simply add more Decos to the network anytime to increase coverage.
– Deco M4 provides fast and stable connections with speeds of up to 1167 Mbps and works with major internet service provider (ISP) and modem.
– Deco can handle traffic from even the busiest of networks, providing lag-free connections for up to 100 devices.
– Parental Controls limits online time and block inappropriate websites according to unique profiles created for each family member.
– Setup is easier than ever with the Deco app there to walk you through every step.