Juergen Grau has taken to Kickstarter once again to launch and raise funds for his new analogue audio spectrum analyser which takes the form of the Magilyzer Mk II, which builds upon previous designs and is equipped with six EM800 TELEFUNKEN NOS Magic Eye tubes. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about what you can expect from the analogue audio spectrum analyser.
With pledges available from €209 or £183 the Magilyzer Mk II is expected to start shipping out to backers during November 2018 if the crowdfunding campaign is successful and manufacturing proceeds without any hiccups.
The creator of the new analogue audio spectrum analyser explains more about its features and design. “The Magilyzer is an analog audio spectrum analyzer, based around the Rohm BA3830 analyzer chip. It offers the display of 6 selective audio bands: 63 Hz, 150 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 kHz, 3.3 kHz and 10 kHz. The Magilyzer operates with six Magic Eye tubes and has RCA stereo line in- and output (for easy daisy chaining the device within an existing audio path) with level control incl. selection of the displayed channel (right, both, left), build in microphone with an audio mixer to add the microphone signal to the display or for using the Magilyzer as a stand-alone device when no audio source is connected. The RGB colour and brightness of the tube illumination can be adjusted with sliders according to your favourite colour.”
Specifications include :
– 12 V 2 A power supply.
– Inrush current suppression.
– Brightness- and colour adjustable tubes illumination.
– Stereo RCA in- and outputs for easy daisy chaining in an existing audio path.
– Selectable audio channel (right / both / left) for display.
– Build-in microphone signal can be mixed.
– 63 Hz, 150 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 kHz, 3.3 kHz, 10 kHz spectrum level are displayed on 6 x EM800 Magic Eye tubes
– Positive grid bias per tube individually adjustable for a kind of “screen saver” when no signal is applied.
– Switchable audio compressor for wider display range.
– Engraved frequencies on top cover are red illuminated.
– Solid anodized Aluminium profiles.
– Mirrored acrylic top cover with engraving.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Hardware, Top News