Hardware manufacturer Linksys has this week announced the arrival of a new router to its lineup in the form of the Linksys Max-Stream AC1900 MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router or EA7500.
The latest router design has been created to provide users with 802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple Input, Multiple Output) technology, to provide uninterrupted wireless connectivity to multiple devices at the same time.
Features of the Linksys EA7500 AC1900 MU-MIMO Router include :
– Next-Gen AC Wi-Fi – 802.11ac Wave 2 with MU-MIMO Technology for uninterrupted Wi-Fi connections to multiple devices at the same time
– Qualcomm IPQ 1.4GHz Dual Core Processor
– Dual-band AC1900 Wireless speeds up to 1300 Mbps 5 GHz + 600 Mbps 2.4GHz, which is a combined speed up to 1.9 Gbps*
– Four Gigabit LAN Ethernet ports One Gigabit WAN for wired speeds up to 10x faster than fast Ethernet
– One USB 3.0 and One USB 2.0 ports for connecting printers, storage and more
– Three external and adjustable antennas for maximum coverage
– Manage and monitor your network and easily control Wi-Fi devices remotely on a smart phone with the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi app
– Advanced WPA/WPA2 encryption and SPI firewall helps keep the network safe
Link sys explains more in their press release :
With MU-MIMO, the whole household can enjoy 4K and HD TV streaming to multiple devices as well as play video games, listen to music, check email, shop, and more – all at the same time. Perfect for families with multiple users with their own streaming devices, the Max-Stream AC1900 leverages MU-MIMO functionality which helps make Wi-Fi networks more efficient when delivering high bandwidth 4K streams to multiple devices at the same time. Market research firm DisplaySearch/IHS recently reported shipments of 4K Ultra HDTVs reached 6 million in North America in 2015 and forecasts to double to 12 Million in 2016.
Justin Doucette, director product management, Linksys explains more :
If you have or are planning to purchase a 4K TV you will need a Max-Stream router to ensure you have a seamless 4K online streaming experience. A single stream of 4K content takes a minimum of 20 Mbps to maintain a consistent stream, and when you combine that with multiple streams plus normal Wi-Fi use from gaming, internet surfing, IoT connectivity and music streaming, it adds up fast. Max-Stream will enable multiple streams of Wi-Fi to occur so users can have the ultimate 4K and networking experience
Source: Tech Power Up