Arduino enthusiasts searching for an isolated USB to UART converter specifically designed for the Arduino Pro mini may be interested in a new piece of hardware created by Simone based in Italy. The new Arduino hardware offers a small and straightforward USB to UART converter with digital isolator, working between 2.5V and 5V up to 3Mboud, complete with an Arduino Pro mini connector.
Once connected the small converter offer a number of features including the ability to save your PC from any burns when you connect your project and the main power supply. Reduce the noise from your PC so that it doesn’t enter into your project, provide your PC with an isolated ground. Voltage levels of the UART are the same of the power supply of your project. Your project is not powered by the USB of the PC, so you don’t have power issue when you power off your project. Specifications of the Arduino Isolated USB to UART Converter include :
– Original FT231XQ: Compatible with almost all the operating systems and capable of variety baud rates from 300 baud up to 3 Mbaud
– Size of 40 x 17 mm
– 4.1 mm isolation between the two sides guarantee an electrical isolation up to 1kV
– Working between 2.5V to 5V.
– TX and RX LEDs indicators.
– Micro USB connector.
– Standard 2.54mm 6 pins female header.
– Protected by a transparent heat shrink sleeve.
The Isolated USB to UART converter is now available to back via Kickstarter with early bird pledges starting from just €10 and delivery expected to take place during March 2018. For full specifications and more information jump over to the official Kickstarter campaign page via the link below.This