Raspberry Pi enthusiasts that would like to create a video IP intercom system, may be interested in a new piece of hardware called IPTalker created by Vladimiro, developers based in Italy. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the IPTalker Raspberry Pi add-on board which is now available to back via Kickstarter and supports the Raspberry Pi camera module.
IPTalker is a Raspberry PI add-on board designed to realize very cheap and high-performance IP intercoms. The board supports up to 6 inputs for the connection of buttons and up to 6 12V outputs for connection of openings (eg electric locks, automatic gates, etc.). It will also be possible in the future to connect upgrades module for intercoms with up to 50 buttons. IPTalker supports the raspberry camera with the most popular video codecs and can be connected to a camera board with brightness sensor and LEDs (white or infrared) on board for night vision. IPTalker comes with a MicroSD card containing preinstalled and ready-to-use software. For the configuration, you can use the appropriate WEB interface available at the preconfigured IP address that allows to:
– Configure all LAN or WIFI network parameters (WIFI needs a USB card attached)
– Configure the behavior of the buttons
– Configure video codecs and audio parameters
– Configure the list of extensions that will connect to the intercom (enabling internal proxy function)
– Configure actions to be performed while pressing the DTMF keys on the IP phone during call
– Configure email parameters for sending alerts
– Configure RFID action (RFID module required)
IPTalker is now available to back via Kickstarter with early bird pledges starting from just €39 and delivery expected to take place during April 2018. For full specifications and more information jump over to the official Kickstarter campaign page via the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.