If you are attending the upcoming DEF CON conference you may be interested in a new hackable electronic badge created by electronics hacker John Adams. The DEF CON badge comes equipped with RGB LEDs, stereo audio, LiPo battery, multiplayer radio-based sea battle game, and more. Check out the video below to learn more.
Features of the indie DEF CON badge :
– Many LED pattern modes. Such blinky, so wow.
– LED Dimming so it doesn’t blind you.
– Badge to Badge Sea warfare/bombing game with multiple levels and RPG-like attributes. Level up and battle your friends!
– Video playback with synchronized audio (We’re seeing around 18 FPS right now on the new code!)
– Digital Audio playback, audio amplifier, and speaker.
– SECRET STUFF
– All specifications subject to change at any time based on market/part availability
Specifications of the da Bomb! indie DEF CON badge include :
– 650mA LDO (3.3v) and charging system
– A new micro controller, the Rigado BMD340 – 64MHz 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M4F CPU with 1MB Flash & 256kB RAM
– Complete Bluetooth 5.0 and Thread (802.15.4) solution, for badge-to-badge battles!
– ChibiOS real-time operating system
– 24bit/96Khz STEREO Audio driven by the CS4344 DAC and LM4880 200mW Stereo amplifier.
– Two 87dB Speakers (not shown in the current prototype, that’s what those wires are for hanging off the board. We’re not done, ok?!)
– 320×240 detachable TFT touch screen with Micro-SD port
– 4GB MicroSD card containing our game code
– CP2102 UART – Low cost USB Interface
– JTAG (SWD) programming interface
– 32 RGB LEDS driven by a dedicated I2C LED controller to save battery and CPU. No more heat-busted neo-pixels to deal with!
– Seven tactile 4.2mm buttons arranged in a Joypad with A/B/Enter buttons
– 2000 mAh LiPo battery with full MAX73833 1 Amp USB Charging circuit
– (no more searching all of Vegas for batteries during the con!)
– Surface mount design with limited through-hole parts.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.