HTC’s third android phone the HTC Hero has just been released and the HTC London’s press event and features HTC’s new ‘Sense UI’ and a fingerprint sensitive 3.2 inch HVGA screen.
Constructed from Teflon for added durability is fully 3G ready phone (3G support is for the 900/2100MHz HSPA bands and quadband GSM/GPRS/EDGE). It also has the usual HTC android trackball and includes:
- Android with HTC Sense
- 112mm x 56.2mm x 14.35mm, 135g
- Qualcomm MSM7200A 528MHz processor
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, dual-band 7.2Mbps HSPA/WCDMA
- 512 RAM / 288 ROM
- 3.2″ HVGA capacitive touchscreen
- 5.0 megapixel camera with auto-focus
- Gravity sensor
- Digital compass
- WiFi 802.11b/g
- Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR + A2DP
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 1350 mAh battery
- 420 minutes talktime / 750 hours standby (WCDMA)
The new HTC Hero phone also has a number of the TouchFLO 3D’s features including Facebook statuses, Flickr photos & Twitter widgets.
The HTC Hero is expected to be released in Europe this July and Asia next summer. A US version will be available in late 2009. We’ll keep you posted on more information as it is released.