Some of our readers will remember the case of the damaged Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone from a few weeks ago, the owner of the device reported that the handset has suffered from some sort of heat damage.
Samsung investigated the issue, and have now issued a statement confirming that the damage to the device was caused by external energy, it turns out someone put the device in a microwave, and this is how the damage occurred.
Samsung contracted Fire Investigations UK (FIUK), an independent third-party organization, to determine the exact cause of the damage inflicted on a GALAXY SIII unit, which had allegedly been affected by heat.
The damaged device and additionally provided devices were examined and exposed to a series to tests. The investigation summary states that “The energy source responsible for generating the heat has been determined as external to the device” and “the device was not responsible for the cause of the fire.”
Additionally, the investigation results state, “The only way it was possible to produce damage similar to the damage recorded within the owner’s damaged device was to place the devices or component parts within a domestic microwave.”
So there we have the answer, you won’t have to worry about your Samsung Galaxy S III catching fire, good to see Samsung acting so quickly to discover the cause of the issue.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.