The guys over at Gizmodo have compiled a great guide on how to get OS X installed on a netbook.
A Dell Mini 9 was chosen, as it is the most compatible with OS X, with all the hardware components working, if you want to install OS X on your Dell Mini 9, you will need the following.
- Dell Mini 9 With 16GB SSD or higher
- Retail copy of OS X 10.5.x (NOT an OEM copy that comes with a new Mac)
- A USB flash drive 8GB or higher
- An external USB DVD drive
- The “Type11” Bootloader: DellMiniBoot123v8.01.iso.zip (download link in this forum post)
- Blank CD to burn bootloader image (I actually used version 8.0 of Type11 on my CD-if your boot process with 8.01 is different than what’s spelled out in this guide, you can download 8.0 here. Both should work.)
- Windows PC for preparing the flash drive (if DVD drive works fine, this is optional)
Head on over to Gizmodo for full instruction on how to install OS X on your Dell Mini 9.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.