Mozilla has launched the latest Beta version of Firefox, 3.1 Beta 2.
The latest version has a few notable changes, including Private Browsing mode, which allows you to browse without Firefox storing any traces of where you have been, and according to Mozilla this is perfect for holiday shopping.
There is also a new function that allows you to easily remove your browsing history for the last few hours, and even the option to completely remove all traces of a specific website.
Here’s a full list of the new features.
- This beta is now available in 54 languages – get your local version and let us know if it looks right.
- A new Private Browsing Mode that allows you to browse without Firefox storing any traces of where youve been – perfect for online holiday shopping!
- New functions that make it easy to remove the history of your past few hours of browsing, or remove all traces of a website.
- New support for web worker threads.
- Improvements to the Gecko layout engine, including speculative parsing for faster content rendering.
- Removed the new tab-switching & preview behavior based on feedback from Beta 1 users
Here’s a direct link to download Firefox 3.1 Beta 2.