The new Micron X100 SSD Has been unveiled today offering the “world’s fastest SSD”, says Micron designed specifically for storage- and memory-intensive applications in data centres, offering a “breakthrough in nonvolatile memory technology”.
“With a combination of industry-leading high bandwidth, low latency, high quality of service (QoS) and high endurance, the Micron X100 SSD provides game-changing performance for big data applications and transactional workloads. The Micron X100 SSD accelerates data center applications by delivering larger amounts of data in real time, and it dramatically increases the speed of data transactions while maintaining predictably fast service for quicker time to insights.”
Features of the Micron X100 SSD :
– High-performance local storage — offers up to 2.5 million input/output operations per second (IOPs), more than three times faster than today’s competitive SSD offerings
– Industry’s highest bandwidth — has more than 9 GB/s bandwidth in read, write and mixed modes and is up to three times faster than today’s competitive NAND offerings
– Ultralow latency — provides consistent read-write latency that is 11 times better than NAND SSDs
– Application acceleration — enables two to four times the improvements in end-user experience for various applications with prevalent data center workloads
– High-performance in small size storage — eliminates the need for overprovisioning storage for performance
– Ease of adoption — because the Micron X100 SSD uses the standard NVMe interface, requires no changes to software to receive the full benefits of the product
Micron Executive Vice President and Chief Business Officer Sumit Sadana explains more about the new SSD which will be available in limited sampling with select customers this quarter. As soon as more information is released regarding pricing and availability we will keep you up to speed as always.
“Micron’s innovative X100 product brings the disruptive potential of 3D XPoint technology to the data center, driving breakthrough performance improvements for applications and enabling entirely new use cases,” – “Micron is the only vertically-integrated provider of DRAM, NAND and 3D XPoint solutions in the world, and this product continues the evolution of our portfolio towards higher value solutions that accelerate artificial intelligence capabilities, drive faster data analytics and create new insights for our customers.”
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.