Beam3D has launched a new desktop 3D printer this week offering a small form factor UV resin 3D Printer for less than $200 to early bird backers. Pledges start from $199 for the basic package and worldwide deliveries expected to take place in a few months time during July 2019. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the 3D printer and its printing capabilities.
The 3D printer offers a print volume of 120mm x 70mm x 150mm and is fitted with a 2K LCD screen and a removable magnetic print bed. Offering an all metal chassis for durability and a dual linear rail motion system for stability, resin 3D prints can be as fine as 25 micron if desired.
“The Prism is the result of thousands of hours of use and development. The Prism removes a number of barriers through a combination of hardware and unique software features, making it approachable for non-super users. Beam3D has designed an out of the box, easy-to-use solution for resin 3D printing. Currently, solutions for affordable resin printing require either experience or research to get started. Our goal was to make using a resin 3D Printer easy and affordable.”
Features of the Beam3D UV resin 3D Printer include :
– Auto levelling of every print and when homing the machine.
– Dual Linear Rails – Reliable and repeatable Z movement is essential for high quality printing.
– 2K LCD Screen – The 2K LCD screen allows for high quality printing.
– All Metal – The all metal frame provides a rigid structure for daily operation. Fully enclosed with convenient flip lid.
– Parallel LED Array – The 57 Watt Parallel LED Array allows for even light distribution throughout the build area.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Hardware, Top News