Today DayZ Version 1.0 has finally released been released and is now free to play over the weekend until December 17th 2018. DayZ the hard-core open world survival game has now left early access after nearly 5 years in development, PC gamers and finally enjoy the full release in all its glory. To remind yourself about the gameplay you can expect from DayZ check out the DayZ 1.0 launch trailer below.
“Over the past days the team has come closer together and worked more passionately than ever to make this important leap happen. And of course, we have seen the support from our community, be it in Tweets, PMs or via Reddit. We want to thank every single one of you for your patience and endurance through the years. We know there is still a mountain of work ahead of us and the team is not taking this milestone as an opportunity to rest, but as a chance to recover, evaluate, and plan for future.”
“The post-soviet country of Chernarus is struck by an unknown virus, turning the majority population into frenzied infected. Fighting over resources has bred a hostile mentality among survivors, driving what’s left of humanity to collapse. You are one of the few immune to the virus – how far will you go to survive?”
If you haven’t already experienced DayZ, jump over to the Steam games network via the link below to download and enjoy free gameplay all weekend.
– Detailed, authentic backdrop of Chernarus, an open world terrain featuring 230 square kilometers of hand-crafted environment based on real life locations.
– Real emotional experience driven by the emergent interactions of 60 players on the server, all fighting for survival by any means necessary.
– Environmental dangers including the infected, dynamic weather, and animal predators
– Wide variety of complex survival mechanics – from hunting and crafting, through sophisticated injury simulation, to transferable diseases.
– Persistent servers with complex loot economy, and the ability to build improvised bases.
– Visceral, authentic gun play and melee combat systems.
– Smooth and reactive character controller utilizing a detailed animation system.
– Rewarding and authentic experience of driving vehicles for travel and material transport.
– Robust technology platform featuring modules of Bohemia’s new Enfusion Engine.
– Seamless network synchronization and significantly improved game performance.
– A platform fully open to user created content, offering the same tool set that we use for actual game development.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.