RPG gamers looking for something a little more refreshing to play might be interested in a new game over on the Kickstarter website looking for funding called Darkest Dungeon which has been created by Red Hook Studios.
Darkest Dungeon has been designed to be a new style of RPG available via Steam’s Early access system and provides gamers with a challenging gothic rogue like RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring. Check out the promo trailer after the jump.
“Uncompromising, unforgiving, and unconventional, we present a fresh take on the dungeon crawler that elevates the importance of sound tactics and a character’s mental state over their gear.
You will recruit, train, and lead a team of flawed heroes through twisted forests, forgotten warrens, ruined crypts and beyond. You’ll battle not only unimaginable foes, but stress, famine, disease, and the ever-encroaching dark. Uncover strange mysteries, and pit the heroes against an array of fearsome monsters with an innovative strategic turn-based combat system.”
So if you think Darkest Dungeon is something you might enjoy playing, visit the Kickstarter website now to make a pledge and help Darkest Dungeon become a reality. Darkest Dungeon gameplay features include :
– The Affliction System – heroes’ personalities are paramount! Contend with paranoia, abusiveness, fear, irrationality, and a host of gameplay-meaningful quirks
– Striking hand-drawn gothic crowquill art style
– Innovative turn-based combat pits you against a host of diabolical monsters
– Classic CRPG and roguelike features, including meaningful permadeath, procedural dungeons, and incredible replay
– A distinctive game world featuring over a dozen unique playable character classes such as the Plague Doctor, the Highwayman, and even the Leper!
– Town meta-game – tend to your heroes wounds, both corporeal and cerebral
– Loot! Gold, jewels, heirlooms, and mystical trinkets. Not to mention upgradable armor, weapons, and consumable supplies.
– Things That Once Seen Can Never Be Unseen…
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Concepts & Design, Gaming News, Top News