Next month Canon will be launching their new Canon EOS RP mirrorless camera which is expected to be priced at $1299 for the body only or with the RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM kit lens for $2,399 offering a cheaper alternative to the Canon EOS R. EOS RP can capture 4K video recordings at 24 fps or 1080p Full HD at 60 fps.
The new Canon EOS RP mirrorless camera doesn’t include in-body stabilisation technology and is compatible with EF, EF-S, TS-E and MP-E lenses via adapters. Canon offers its Dual Pixel AF system with 4,779 selectable autofocus points across 100 percent vertical and 88 percent horizontal frame area. Similar to the more expensive EOS R when equipped with a RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM lens, the RP can focus in just 0.05 seconds.
Specifications of the Canon EOS RP mirrorless camera include :
– Camera weight is 440g, the lightest full-frame mirrorless camera ever
– A side-articulated monitor and a comfortable grip
– 26.2mp sensor
– No Touch Bar and top monitor but an extra dial
– Standard ISO 100-40000
– Eye AF now supports Servo AF and Video AF
– Dual Pixel AF speed is 0.05 sec.
– USB-C and headphone jack are available. Battery charging while shooting is supported
– Canon Log, HDMI clean output, and 1.56x 4K crop
As more details regards pricing and availability are announced next month by Canon we will keep you up to speed as always.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.