Quentin Lengele has released more details about his awesome and highly detailed Blade Runner 9732 virtual reality environment he is creating and which is nearly finished.
The fantastic fan made Blade Runner VR experience allows you to explore Deckard’s iconic flat from the original Blade Runner movie.
Latest builds improvements include :
• New lighting setup. No more Direction Specular Lightmap, only Directional.
• New Reflection Probes setup. Less probe instances, high quality only when needed.
• New Post-Processing beta4 implementation
• Finetune particle systems
• City mod & texturing enhancement (Substance Painter)
• New Police Spinner animation & textures
• Better Global Fog settings
• Finetune Lens Flares
• Reduce Volumetric Lights quality
• Move all assets into Resources folder
• Reduce scales in lightmaps on several objects
• Finetune glass rendering
• Finetune some PBR materials
• Fix apartment walls, floors and roof meshes
• Add new unmounted Blaster gun
Lengele still has a few things to finish off before the project is ready for release, but also unfortunately only owns an obsolete Oculus Rift DK1 headset which will not allow him to export a supported VR version of the experience. But I am sure after reading his plight someone from HTC or Oculus can sort him out with the latest hardware to complete his project after the 2+ years worth of work is put into it. Tasks still left to complete on the project include :
– Improvements the bathroom
– Add a few more details on buffets
– VR Export
Source: Road to VR
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.