If you are looking for a Raspberry Pi project to keep you busy this weekend you might be interested in this awesome project which transforms an IKEA coffee table into a fully functional Raspberry Pi powered arcade table.
The PIK3A gaming table has been created by forum user SpannerSpencer, using the iconic IKEA LACK table and offers a very affordable solution that can be used to create a retro gaming system with very small outlay.
The Element 14 website writes more about the Raspberry Pi IKEA Arcade Table :
Gaming is the perfect way to help newcomers to the Raspberry Pi to connect it with a recognisable lifestyle technology. It’s the perfect stepping stone to bring people eye-to-eye with the Raspberry Pi; if it can play all those awesome, classic arcade games, it can also do so much more!
And that’s why gaming is often our go-to project when it’s time to show people what the Pi is all about. But this time around, with the Raspberry Pi 3 now in the wild, we wanted to do something a little bit different, too. So here’s how to make your own minimalist, contemporary interpretation of the classic coin-op cocktail cabinet that uses an IKEA coffee table and a Raspberry Pi 3.
Parts fro thePIK3A gaming table include :
– The Cabinet: IKEA Lack coffee table.
– The Brains: Raspberry Pi
– The Controls: Arduino Leonardo
– The Joystick: A classic, four-way ball-top joystick.
– The Buttons: From CPC – From MCM
– The Display: An old 17″ LCD monitor (4:3 ratio is better given the square shape of the table).
– The Sound: This pair of USB-powered computer speakers.
– The Power: A Raspberry Pi 2.5A USB power supply, and a mains extension.
– The Stuff: Cables, connectors, screws.
For more information on the new awesome Raspberry Pi IKEA Arcade Table jump over to the Element 14 website for details following the link below. If you found this article interesting you might also be interested in this list of awesome Raspberry Pi Zero projects we have put together.