ASUS has announce the availability of its new RT-AX88U WiFi router offering connectivity via the latest 802.11ax Wi-Fi standard, which includes a variety of new technologies that improve Wi-Fi speed and network capacity. Internally the RT-AX88U 802.11ax router is powered by a 64-bit 1.8GHz quad-core processor and offers 8 x Gigabit LAN and 2 x USB ports. Check out the video below for a quick overview.
Thanks to support for the latest 802.11ax wireless technologies the ASUS RT-AX88U supports a 160 MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM to provide ultrafast Wi-Fi speeds of up 6000Mbps – 1148Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 4804Mbps on the 5GHz band – 2.3X faster than 802.11ac 4x4 dual-band routers.
– Next-Gen WiFi Standard – 802.11ax WiFi standard for better efficiency and throughput.
– Ultrafast WiFi Speed – 6000Mbps WiFi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease.
– Wider Usage and More Convenience – 4 antennas + 8 LAN ports to support more clients at the same time.
– Commercial-grade Security – AiProtection, powered by Trend Micro™, blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices.
– Better Partner with Mesh System – Compatible with ASUS AiMesh WiFi system for seamless whole-home coverage.
“In addition to boosting Wi-Fi speeds, the 802.11ax standard offers a number of other improvements and optimisations that address the massive increase in the number of connected devices in recent years. RT-AX88U features a revolutionary combination of OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology that provides up to 4X better network efficiency and capacity. The 802.11ax Wi-Fi standard also helps to improve battery life of connected devices. A new technology called Target Wait Time (TWT) allows transmissions to be scheduled, so connected devices can sleep for longer periods, delivering up to 7X better battery life. 802.11ax is fully backwards compatible with previous Wi-Fi standards, so users can connect any Wi-Fi device to RT-AX88U and enjoy a seamless networking experience.“
For more information and full specifications jump over to the official ASUS product page by following the link below.