After the rollout the new EasyMesh Wi-Fi standard by the Wi-Fi Alliance earlier this year, hardware manufacturer Arris as the first company to create a new networking mesh product to support the new EasyMesh, open Wi-Fi mesh networking standard. The latest extender in the Arris HomeAssure whole-home Wi-Fi family takes the form of the VAP4641 is one of the most “powerful, wall-plug mounted, Wi-Fi extenders available” says Arris.
The new Mech Ruta features 4×4 antennas and 802.11ac Wi-Fi capability, the VAP4641 leverages Wi-Fi EasyMesh to extend Gigabit speeds over greater distances, when paired with other Wi-Fi EasyMesh certified devices. “Our home Wi-Fi vision is to provide ubiquitous coverage from a single network,” said Larry Robinson, President, Customer Premises Equipment at ARRIS. “We’re proud to continue our contributions to the Wi-Fi Alliance’s multi-AP specifications and Wi-Fi EasyMesh program to help service providers bring new innovations like the VAP4641 Wireless Extender to consumers. We’re making it easier for consumers to install, configure and manage their home network, while delivering Gigabit speeds.”
– Wireless Repeater / Wireless Access Point
– Scandinavian design with flexible placement options:
– Wall pluggable
– Desktop placement
– 4×4 5 GHz 802.11ac wireless access point
– 2×2 2.4 GHz 802.11n wireless access point
– 1 x RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000) LAN port
– ARRIS HomeAssure™ enabled for whole-home Wi-Fi coverage and performance
– ARRIS ECO Agent™ TR-069 and ARRIS ECO Envoy™ USP (User Services Platform) management clients integrated
– Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh™
– 130mm x 100mm x 40mm (5.1in. x 3.9in. x 1.6in.)
Unfortunately, no information on pricing or worldwide availability has been released as yet by Arris, but as soon as information comes to light, we will keep you updated as always.In the meantime jump over to the official Arris website for more details and full specifications.