Yesterday, it was reported that Android 4.4 Update will roll out and it seems it was correct. Android 4.4 KitKat update for the US Cellular variant is rolling out and should reach the devices in the coming days. Now, the only major carrier to release the Android 4.4 KitKat for Moto X is Sprint.
The majority of features are similar to other Moto X variants including, camera improvements, improved phone dialer, restyled status and navigation bars, improved security, new Hangouts app with SMS/MMS integration, photo editing options in the Gallery and more.
- Android™ 4.4, KitKat: Android 4.4, KitKat, is the latest release of the Android platform. KitKat includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development.
- Phone dialer: Improved the phone app with the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search your corporate directory easily.
- Camera – Focus and exposure: Enhanced the “touch to focus” option with a new circular, on screen control that can be dragged by your finger around the viewfinder to adjust a photo’s focus and exposure.
- Gallery – Photo editing: Added new photo editing options to the Gallery app including new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments to color, exposure, contrast and more.
- Hangouts -SMS/MMS support: Incorporated a new version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging. Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app under Settings > Wireless > Default SMS app.
- Touchless Control – “Find my phone”: Added a new “Find my phone” command to Touchless Control. Just say “OK, Google Now-find my phone” and your Moto X will ring loudly to let you know where it’s hiding when you’ve misplaced it nearby.
- NFC – Host card emulation: Enhanced support for NFC Host Card Emulation (HCE), to improve experiences such as contactless payments, loyalty plans, transit passes, card access and more.
- Accessory support: Added support for Square credit card reader
Just wait for a few days for the OTA to arrive on your handset, but if you’re impatient, you can manually check for the update by going to the Settings > About Phone. If you received the update, please share your experiences with Android 4.4 KitKat.
Source: MotorolaFiled Under: Android News, Mobile Phone News, Top News