Motorola already released the latest Android 4.4 KitKat update for several Moto X variants including AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile. It seems the next carrier to receive the Android 4.4 KitKat update for the highly customizable Moto X is US Cellular, starting tomorrow.
The new came from the folks at Droid-Life, citing their sources, mentioned that US Cellular Moto X will get the taste of Android 4.4 KitKat from tomorrow. According to the internal document, Moto X will be updated to build 13.11.3Q2.X-69-3-2 and will bring several improvements and features including US Cellular pre-loaded apps, improvements to camera, Active Display, Touchless Control, and Motorola Assist, SIM PUK lock enhancement and more.
Here’s the complete changelog posted by Droid-Life,
Update includes and addresses:
- Android 4.4 Kit Kat
- Update following U.S. Cellular® Pre-Loads
- Wi-Fi Now – Version 4.5.106
- Synchronoss – 126.96.36.199
- SIM PUK Lock Enhancement
- UI interface updated to help customer understand the feature to avoid locking the device
- Verizon message when activating some devices
- Improvements to following Motorola experiences
- Imaging (Camera app update available via Playstore)
- Active Notifications
- Touch Less Controls (update available via Playstore)
- Motorola Assist
If it’s true, Sprint will be the only carrier left to update their moto X variant to the latest Android 4.4 KitKat. There’s no official word from US Cellular nor Motorola about the roll out. We’ll update you as soon as the update process begins. Until then, you may want to manually check for the update and tell us if you got the update.
Source: Droid-LifeFiled Under: Android News, Mobile Phone News, Top News