Following T-Mobile and Verizon, AT&T Moto X users the next ones in line to get the taste of Android 4.4 Kitkat for their handsets. A few days back, we heard that AT&T has begun the soak test for its Moto X and it became evident that AT&T users will get the KitKat sweetness in the coming days.
Here’s the complete changelog:
- An improved phone dialer. Now you can search for contacts directly from the dial-pad and easily see and tap on those you contact frequently.
- More gallery goodies. KitKat packs in some cool, new gallery effects—such as Posterize, Highlights, and Edges. You can even use the Draw feature to annotate your photos freehand with your finger.
- New Hangouts app. All of your conversations now in one place—texts, video calls, and other chats all together in one app. Plus, you can now send animated gifs and share your location.
- Color Emoji. For when words aren’t enough, the Google Keyboard now includes colorful characters to send in text messages and other communications.
- Drag to focus and expose. An updated camera app lets you control both the focus and exposure of your photos. Simply drag your finger to set just the right exposure and focus point.
- And more… Restyled status and navigation bars, new full-screen mode, and enhancements to Motorola features like Touchless Control.
You can manually check for the update by navigating to Settings > About phone > Software updates. Just make sure you’re connected to a WiFi before downloading the update and avoid extra carrier charges. It’s good to see that Motorola is the first manufacturer to release the Android 4.4 KitKat for its devices after Google.
Image Credit: GigaOm
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.