Over the weekend AMD has announced the release of new Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Beta drivers which have been optimised for DirectX 12 games, providing a number of tweaks, fixes and performance enhancements.
Specific games that have received extra attention include “Deus Ex: Mankind Divided,” as well as adding AMD CrossFire support via profiles for the DirectX 11 renderer of DOTA 2.
AMD’s latest Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Beta drivers also address flickering on certain 144 Hz displays, and some rare game crash bugs on DOOM, Total War: Warhammer, DiRT Rally and GTA V explains AMD.
– A small number of 144Hz non-FreeSync enabled displays may exhibit flickering during gaming or on desktop.
– FreeSync may stay enabled while on desktop causing flickering.
– Grand Theft Auto V™ may experience an application hang after loading story mode.
– DiRT™ Rally rain drops may flicker when using high or ultra in game settings.
– DOOM™ may experience a hang on game exit in some limited AMD PowerXpress configurations.
– Total War™: Warhammer may experience negative AMD CrossFire scaling on some Radeon RX 400 series configurations.
– GPU utilization may remain high when idle after running SteamVR performance benchmark.
– Pixel format options may be missing from Radeon Settings for some limited system configurations on Radeon RX 480 graphics.
– Radeon Software may intermittently fail to install or hang on some AMD CrossFire configurations. If this happens users can reboot and re-install without issue as a workaround.
– Some Radeon RX 400 series graphics products may experience high GPU usage when resuming from sleep.
The drivers are now available for :
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.