The Amazon Silk web browser has this week been made available to download as an app for most Amazon Fire TV devices enabling users to surf the web and also play web video directly on your large screen display. The application is roughly 54 MB in size and is available directly from the Amazon App Store. Features of the Amazon Silk web browser include:
– Watch videos from any website on the best screen in your home
– Use your voice and the Fire TV remote to effortlessly search the web and navigate to specific websites
– Bookmark sites and save passwords to quickly access your favorite content
– Stay up to date with the latest news and entertainment with Silk’s trending web videos
– Easily control web videos and music with the Fire TV remote’s Play/Pause, Fast Forward, and Rewind buttons
Amazon explains more:
Filed Under: Hardware, Technology News, Top News
Silk for Fire TV lets you access limitless web content with a browser built for the big screen. Watch videos, listen to music, and view photos from your favorite sites. Use your voice and the Fire TV remote to search and navigate to websites. Easily control web videos and music with the Fire TV remote’s Play/Pause, Fast Forward, and Rewind buttons. Scroll web pages, select links, and keep track of page loading with a novel on-screen navigation cursor. Silk presents the web in full screen for an immersive experience. Text and web content are enlarged to make browsing comfortable from your couch. You can even have Silk remember passwords for your favorite sites for quick login later.
The browser menu makes it simple to navigate back and forward, add bookmarks, and request a desktop version of a site. Discover viral videos, learn something new or stay up to date on business and entertainment news with the “Trending on the Web” video feed. Parents have options to control the browsing experience. Silk’s address bar can be set to “Safe Search” to filter web content, when Bing, Google, or Yahoo is set as the default search provider. You can also set a PIN that is required to launch the app.