Akai has created a new standalone music production studio and DJ performance system in the form of the Akai Force. Created to offer features such as clip launching, step sequencing, sampling, synths and a 7-in touch display and captures the modern clip-based workflow. The Akai Force will be officially launching next month during February 2019 and is now available to preorder priced at $1,500.
“Combine multiple Modes with Plugin Tracks, MPC-Style Drum tracks, Audio tracks, Keygroup tracks, MIDI tracks and CV tracks to define clip types, then sculpt clips via step sequencing, drum pad performances and note data. The ultimate creative sketchpad.”
No computer is required to use the Akai Force which offers a 8×8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs and 7″ colour capacitive multitouch display for interfaces. Other features include :
– Mic/Instrument/Line Inputs, 4 outputs
– MIDI In/Out/Thru via 1/8″ TRS inputs (5-pin DIN adapters included)
– (4) configurable CV/Gate Outputs to integrate your modular setup
– (8) touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays
– Time stretch/pitch shift in real time
– Comprehensive set of AIR effects and Hype, TubeSynth, Bassline and Electric synth engines
– Ability to record 8 stereo tracks
– 16GB of on-board storage (over 10 gigs of sound content included)
– 2 GB of RAM
– Full-Size SD card Slot
– User-expandable 2.5″ SATA drive connector (SATA or HDD)
– (2) USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
– Under the hood, Force provides musicians of all disciplines DAW-centric capability for an immersive, creative experience without limitation.
– The ultimate side-cart and a solo centrepiece in its own right, Force provides the pinnacle of liberated performance capability that roots your focus on delivering the ultimate performance, whatever your next set demands.”
For more details, pre-ordering options and full specifications jump over to the official Akai website by following the link below.
Source: AKAIFiled Under: Hardware, Top News